Beginners’ Guide To Getting Started at Alphainventions
This is how to start:
- go to Alphainventions.com and submit your blog – it gets put into a “reading” cycle (after you have twice validated the request) and you then see your blog in the list AND the name of the blog you have just “booted” off the reading list.
http://notallpoppies.wordpress.com is in the reading cycle until someone else shares a blog Please check back often to make sure your blog is still in the reading cycle. You’ve just bumped olias out of the reading cycle
- We have not been able to determine (yet) how many blogs are in the reading cycle, so it is a bit hard to know when your blog will show up.
- out of courtesy, or curiosity (as the “bootor”) you will probably want to have a look at the “bootee” – maybe even leave a comment. That gets your poor “victim” at least one viewer. Now, depending on how many times your predecessor has been “booted” and viewed, they might have a fairly high hit rate on their blog.
- don’t bother to click the button to go “see yourself in the reading cycle” – not just yet.
After about a minute and a half – hit the refresh button. What happens? You get to “boot” someone else off and you are back in the cycle. Be nice. Visit them, too.
Read some of their blog. Leave a comment.
Why? Several good reasons.
It’s polite, since you have just removed them from the reading cycle
Everyone likes to have the occasional comment, so consider it as a gift of great kindness.
You will be amazed and astounded at the beautiful people you will meet.
Most will visit you and leave a comment in return and then, you will have both given each other the greatest blogging gift of all, a backlink.
If you refresh too quickly – and you are still in the reading pane – you get a “no no” messsage and you have to start again with a resubmit of your site. Takes all of half a minute.
NOW – hit the “go see yourself in the reading cycle” button. At the main website, there are three ways the blogs are being cycled:
- displayed on screen – up to about five or six in rotation – they are probably the payors (as in AI is the payee when you donate or subscribe)
- a series of blogs shown by their name and the reason you see them: they mentioned AI in their blog; they used AI to let their readers know (by submission) that their blog was updated; they have linked to AI in their blog.
- the most exciting one of all WHO IS LIVE NOW – because it very well could be YOUR blog. In fact, our own blog showed up quite a few times as the LIVE blog for viewing, but we read that as being being top of the list as the “bootor” and we failed to appreciate that we were actually in view. It was a random click that revealed all.
One of the most frustrating and exciting and time consuming things on the web is the LIY philosophy: Learn It Yourself.
BUT THERE IS MORE……..
Checking our blog statistics, it comes up over and over again as THE SITE sending us lots of traffic. That’s because once your site has been submitted a few times, it starts referring readers to you when you update your blogs (like this update) without you having to resubmit.
That’s when the traffic really starts. It also gives you the opportunity to see a lot of blogs being cycled and you can
· stop them,
· read them,
· even submit them to StumbledUpon and others.
Every blogger’s dream is to have instant traffic to peruse their words of wisdom, their Christmas Cracker joke or look at their newest offer, as soon as their blog is updated.
How good are the views? Depends on what the other blogger is looking for and how attractive your blog is to them. You might have thought “maybe a little lower than average, because what you have is a whole load of bloggers pushing you off the top of the heap and probably with not a lot of sympathy for you.” I beg to differ! Why?
Even if they haven’t worked out how the damn thing works yet, it might appear that you are all pushing and shoving in the dark. But in fact, there is enormous support in the AI community for one another, as fellow users of the service.
It is entirely up to you to determine the quality of the traffic for your purpose in being here. You will absolutely meet s0me really great bloggers, too, as I have already done.
And it is up to you to make sure the first look anyone gets at your page in the reading cycle makes them want to STOP, LOOK and COMMENT.
DO NOT MISS OUT!
While we slog away at BYT (Build Your Traffic), you don’t have to LIY (Learn It Yourself).
To have more and more ways to use this very helpful system, you just ask us to let you know when the next update is ready. Simple really – just get on the “Build Your Traffic” mailing list